Ever since American Apparel went out of business, I’ve been mourning the loss of a spot to buy trusty basics (specifically bodysuits).
When a friend told me about Oh Polly a couple months ago, I loved their clothes but was definitely skeptical.
First off, I’ve been wronged by “hot on Instagram” online merchants before. Second, I’d heard from multiple sources that their sizing was super off. When I did my own research, I got a huge mix of good, mediocre, and horrible reviews.
So, I took the plunge myself and ordered a two-piece set that I’d been eyeing once it was finally re-stocked in my size (I decided to try a size 8). I was pleasantly surprised with the quick shipping and good quality for the relatively low price. So I decided to try ordering their basic white thong bodysuit.
A post shared by Ashley (@ashleyuzer) on
I got this bodysuit first, then got it in black and asked for another for Christmas. Here are the pros and cons:
- The price is super affordable, most are around $20-30
- Thong bottoms means no panty-lines
- The fabric is thick enough that my nipples don’t show through, even in the white
- They’re stretchy, but tight, you definitely don’t need a bra!
- Shipping was pretty quick from the U.K. — I got my orders about a week.
- I noticed pilling within the first few wears
- Sizing was a little different, I got my first bodysuit in a size 8 (the size I wear in other items), but then tried a 6, which worked a little better since the fabric is stretchy
Overall, I’d recommend their bodysuits if you’re looking for a go-to piece to rock with your patent leather skirts and ripped jeans. The price is right, and the quality is good for the price, although I foresee myself wearing mine out since I love the fit so much.
I also ordered a few PVC items from Oh Polly so far, that I haven’t gotten a chance to wear, but I’ll likely post a review of that as well once I do!
I hope this was helpful for anyone thinking of shopping from there. I’d love it if you subscribed so you can get updated when I post more reviews, looks, etc. Or, if you had a different experience with Oh Polly, leave a comment!